martes, 4 de octubre de 2011

LONG VOWEL AND SHORT VOWEL SOUNDS



What I know about Long and Short Vowel Sounds…


What I want to know about Long and Short Vowel Sounds…

What I learned about Long and Short Vowel Sounds…
The short vowel sounds usually appears when the word is short and the vowel is between two consonants.

The long vowel sounds appears when the word usually is long and when the words finish with “e”.
I want to know about the exceptions when appears two vowels together and we pronounce both, for example FRIEND.
I learned about the short and long vowel sound thath the long sounds appear when at the end of the word apears an e.


  • Put these words in the correct column and fill in the chart as the example (rip, ripe).
 Stop, lad, mud, stain, smile, bone, pie, mule, stay, pray, lid, mug, cat, rule, load, pill, still, bug, bite, sun, pig, boat.

SHORT
SENTENCE
LONG
SENTENCE
rip
A fan tried to RIP his pants in a concert.
ripe
A fully ripe apple stays white in the inside.
stop
We STOP in the town for drink something
Stain
I spill the wine over me and now I have a big STAIN in my pants.
Lad
This LAD belongs to thE football team
Smile
You should SMILE and be friendly with the people.
Mud
I love play rugby in the MUD
Bone
My dog usually hides his BONE.
Lid
I lost the soda’s LID when the car breaks.
Pie
When I was my birthday my mom prepared for my big and delicious PIE.
Mug
I wish a MUG of orange’s juice.
Mule
The principal symbol of the Colombian coffee is Juan Valdez and his MULE called Conchita.
Cat
The most famous CAT is Felix.
Stay
You can STAY here the time that you want.
Pill
Some scientist has been tried to develop the PILL for cure the virus
 ray
Some people pray when they are in troubles.
Still
The government tries to STILL the voice of the people.
Rule
The students must obey the RULES

Bug
That kind of things  bugs me
Load
My internet  it’s so slow that I can`t load any file or photography for my facebook.
Sun
The SUN doesn’t appear today.
Bite
This Dog tries to BIT me!
pig
The pigs love play in the mud
Boat
Susana feel so scared when we surf in the BOAT.

Short Vowels

MUD
 







STILL


CAT

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario